Tuesday, August 23, 2022

Welcome!

 Welcome!  

Let's kick this off with an image I had never seen before that I recently acquired.  It's attributed to Irv Johnson and is of Glenn Bishop - an early image to be certain!  Glenn was into bodybuilding in high school, was a life guard and was into a few sports, including gymnastics and swimming.  The date that this was taken is up for debate but most likely from the early 50's.  







I've collected a few things dealing with Glenn, including a rare poster-sized photo from the Michigan state park series as well as five other 11x17 photos from that shoot from Clifford Oettinger.  

This makes me think what started me into collecting physique material.  I collected nude male photography books for a bit and am a Robert Mapplethorpe fan (Just Kids by Patti Smith is an amazing book).  

I bought a few Physique Pictorials on eBay and that started my interest in Bob Mizer.  I'll talk more about that later.  Enjoy this rare and hairless Glenn.

No comments: